Homes & Businesses: Garage Door Services in the Glen Rock Area
Top Garage Door Spring Repair Techniques in Glen Rock
For homeowners, life has a way of presenting unforeseen challenges, often at the most inconvenient moments. One such setback is discovering your car immobilized in the garage, especially if you recently had a garage door repair. Ronnie & Sons Garages is committed to following the industry's best practices to offer exceptional advice to homeowners every time we assess a garage. These practices can ultimately save you time and money, as we always prioritize our customers' needs.
Recommended Procedure #1 - Replacing Dual Springs
A pair of springs is a standard feature for most garage doors, and they are installed at the same time. When one spring malfunctions, it's often a sign that the other spring's life is almost over. To forestall future troubles, potential threats, and damage to the garage door opener, Ronnie & Sons Garages commonly recommends replacing both springs. As you would replace both of your car's tires if one were to blow out, it's important to protect valuable items like garage doors and vehicles by changing both garage door springs.
Recommended Procedure #2 - Identifying the Suitable Springs
Since garage doors come in an assortment of weights and sizes, it is crucial to use the right springs for proper door balance. Installing an incorrect spring can negatively impact your garage door system and put excessive strain on the opener. This could cause the opener to fail prematurely and necessitate additional repairs. DIY spring replacements can be dangerous for this reason as well. Our Glen Rock, NJ technicians are dedicated to fitting the appropriate springs based on the door's weight and carrying out a balance test to validate their work.
Recommended Procedure #3 - Performing a Safety Inspection
Whenever Ronnie & Sons Garages performs a spring repair, we also offer a free safety inspection to ensure that all hardware and moving parts on your door are in proper working condition and meet safety standards. Since the hardware was likely installed simultaneously with the springs, some worn mechanical components on your door could be unsafe. A malfunctioning spring may be a symptom of a more severe issue with your door. This is why we consider providing a complimentary safety inspection and maintaining a safe atmosphere for our clients a best practice.
We carry an expansive assortment of springs for numerous garage door models, so we recommend engaging a qualified technician to measure and give an exact cost estimation. Contact Ronnie & Sons Garages at your earliest convenience to have a skilled technician assess your garage door spring repair and offer a quote.
The Pros and Cons of Different Types of Garage Door Openers
Chain Driven Openers
Chain operated openers are a common and dependable option, using a metal chain to move the garage door along its track. They are a bit more budget-friendly compared to belt driven openers. However, these openers can be loud, making them a poor choice if your garage is located beneath or near your home's main living spaces. We typically don't suggest chain operated openers since the small cost savings aren't worth the increased noise and lack of chain warranty. Unlike the belt in belt driven openers, LiftMasterÂ® does not offer a lifetime warranty for the chain, and the motors are noisier.
Side-mounted openers, also known as jackshaft openers, are installed on the wall next to your garage door and connected to the torsion spring above the door, rather than being mounted on the garage ceiling. This option is ideal for garages with high ceilings or for those looking to conserve ceiling space. Although the cost of a side-mounted opener is slightly higher than a ceiling-mounted opener, Ronnie & Sons Garages strongly recommends it for specific garage configurations.
Belt Driven Openers
Belt drives are considered the best type of opener in the garage door industry. Combining the reliability of chain drives with near-silent operation, these openers run on a steel-reinforced belt and are typically priced slightly higher than chain and screw drive openers. For homeowners in Glen Rock with garages attached to their homes and surrounded by bedrooms, a belt-driven opener ensures you won't be disturbed by garage door noise. Many customers who purchase belt drive openers are extremely satisfied and cannot imagine returning to the noise of a chain opener.
Screw Driven Openers
Operating on a threaded steel rod instead of a chain or rubber belt, screw-driven openers work best in locations with consistent weather and temperatures throughout the year. However, for residents in Glen Rock with variable weather patterns, a screw-driven opener may not be the most suitable option. These openers are the slowest, loudest, and most affordable of all three types. If you prioritize a quiet and fast opener, a screw-driven opener may not be the right choice for you.
10 Reasons That Highlight the Excellence of Ronnie & Sons Garages
- Proven Experience: With a successful history spanning many years and countless satisfied clients, our industry-leading experts ensure that your garage door needs are managed effectively and efficiently.
- Multiple Product and Service Options: Ronnie & Sons Garages boasts a broad assortment of products and services to suit your specific demands. We can cater to everything from custom-made doors to repair and installation services, ensuring the optimal solution for any door or product you require.
- Professional Staff: Our personnel are well-versed and exhibit professionalism in their approach. They understand the significance of exceptional customer service and aim to make your interactions with them enjoyable. From answering your questions about garage doors to providing guidance on overhead door maintenance, they're prepared to support you.
- Unrivaled Materials: By using only the finest materials, we guarantee your garage door will be long-lasting and visually stunning. With our company in Glen Rock, you can rest assured that you're investing in a high-quality and valuable product.
- Safety First: We prioritize the correct and safe installation of your doors and gates. This means that you can have peace of mind knowing that the installation and maintenance of your garage door adhere to the highest standards, fostering a secure environment for your loved ones.
- Cost-Effective Solutions: Ronnie & Sons Garages presents various wallet-friendly choices for your doors and gates necessities. Identify a solution that matches your financial constraints, including installation, repairs, and custom creations.
- Quick Solutions: Time is vital when it comes to addressing the repair or installation of a garage door. A respected Glen Rock service provider will ensure that your requirements are managed promptly and skillfully.
- Excellence Guaranteed: We guarantee excellence in our services and products, ensuring that any doors and gates repairs or installations are executed to the highest standards. This provides you with the assurance that your investment is well-guarded.
- Warranty: We offer warranty protection for your investment, covering any malfunctions or accidental damages to your overhead door. This coverage helps to mitigate stress and financial concerns that may arise from a defective door.
- Customer Satisfaction is Our Goal: At Ronnie & Sons Garages, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with our garage doors and other offerings. We provide cost-effective solutions tailored to your specific needs, ensuring that you receive the best possible value for your investment.
Garage Door Repair Issues That We Commonly Encounter
Broken Springs: Garage door springs can break easily due to the high tension they're under. Checking their condition is crucial if you're experiencing issues with your garage door.
Worn-out rollers: The rollers that help your garage door open and close can wear out over time, leading to a noisy or stuck door.
Repairing Damaged Panels: Garage door panels can become damaged over time from regular use or weather. Heavy impacts from vehicles or other objects can also cause significant damage and require repair.
Misaligned Tracks: If your garage door is stuck, misaligned tracks may be the culprit. Check the tracks to ensure they're in the proper position.
Faulty Opener: If you suspect a problem with your garage door opener, it's best to seek professional assistance for troubleshooting and repair.
Sensor Troubleshooting: If your garage door won't close, the safety sensor could be the problem. Check to make sure the sensor is properly aligned and functioning correctly.
Door Repair Essentials: Common Issues to Look Out ForRotting: The lack of proper treatment or sealing of wooden gates can cause them to rot over time, resulting in the gate's weakening and eventual collapse.
Rusting: Rust is a frequent problem that results from exposure to moisture or humidity. If you reside in a humid area, it's essential to be watchful for rust indications on your overhead door.
Fading: The color of your gate can fade over time, which can be attributed to weather conditions and prolonged sun exposure. To preserve its appearance, you may need to repaint it periodically.
Sagging: Wooden gates are often affected by sagging, which is primarily caused by the weight of the gate. To avoid this issue, it is recommended to use heavier hardware and secure the posts correctly.
Installation: Poor installation can result in severe problems, especially with gates that may become hazardous and unstable. Therefore, it is crucial to address these issues as soon as possible.
Pests: Wooden doors are vulnerable to pests such as termites and carpenter bees, which is another potential issue to consider. Regular inspections are essential to detect any signs of infestation.
Frames: Overhead doors with damaged or bent frames are prone to instability, making them a safety hazard. Immediate replacement or repair of the frame is necessary to avoid accidents and ensure safety.
Warping: Exposure to hot or cold temperatures due to extreme weather conditions can cause warping and result in a misshapen gate.
Rollers: Properly functioning rollers are crucial for the smooth operation of your overhead door. Damaged or worn out rollers can make opening and closing the door difficult. Fortunately, replacing rollers is typically a straightforward repair.
Hinges: Misaligned or damaged hinges can result in trouble with opening and closing your gate. However, a professional can usually address this issue with ease.
Why You Might Need to Replace Your Garage Door in Glen Rock: Key Indicators
It's a no-brainer to replace your garage doors from a strict sale / resale perspective, but what other reasons do Glen Rock homeowners have for replacing their overhead doors? Here are a few examples:
Reduce Home Energy Use
As the largest moving object connected to your house, your garage door can be the most energy-inefficient space because it opens and closes daily. Although many Glen Rock, NJ homeowners replace windows and front entry doors with energy-efficient options, they often overlook the impact of their garage door on energy costs. By installing insulated garage doors, you can decrease the transfer of hot and cold air, which will lead to substantial energy savings.
Polish Your Home's Look
Take a step back and observe the amount of real estate your garage doors consume on your home's front. Upgrading them in Glen Rock can have a big impact on your home's curb appeal at an affordable price.
Put Safety and Security Above All Else
Many home burglaries in Glen Rock involve overhead doors. Do you have confidence in your garage door's ability to withstand attempted break-ins? If your door is old, it may not have advanced safety features like automatic reversal.
Mitigate Garage Door Sound
Are you tired of the loud noise from your garage door? Ronnie & Sons Garages offers ultra-quiet nylon hinges that can reduce the noise and provide a smooth and noise-free operation for your garage door.
The Most Commonly Asked Questions by Our Glen Rock, NJ Clients
Is it recommended to have a professional install my new garage door?
Garage door installation is a highly technical process that shouldn't be attempted as a DIY project. The size and complexity of a garage door, along with its many small parts, make it the largest moving item in your home. Connecting the springs can be especially hazardous, and the proper installation is key to the door's functionality. Professional garage door installers can finish the job quickly and safely. In contrast, most homeowners will likely take much longer and experience frustration. Additionally, an incorrect installation may void some warranties, so we advise having a professional complete the job. They can also dispose of your old door if you're replacing it.
Should you consider an insulated door for your non-insulated garage?
The use of insulated garage doors can minimize the transfer of heat or cold air through the large garage door opening, which is crucial for the following reasons:
- Insulated doors boast a more aesthetically pleasing interior and a quieter operation than their non-insulated counterparts.
- Stabilizing temperatures in the room above your garage is important if your garage is below another room in your home.
- Air in your garage can travel into your living area if your garage is attached to your home.
- Comfort matters greatly when your garage doubles as a workshop.
What are the differences between steel and wood garage doors?
Opting for a steel door can reduce the amount of maintenance required in comparison to a wooden door. Ronnie & Sons Garages's steel doors feature a pre-painted, baked-on coating. Cleaning the exterior once a year with warm water and household detergent is recommended. Our wood doors come unfinished and require priming and painting or staining on all six sides upon delivery. We recommend visually inspecting the finish once a year to determine if another application is necessary.
Is it permissible to replace my one-piece garage door with a sectional garage door?
Your garage door dealer/installer can install a sectional door by fitting track and springs. Other adjustments may be required, depending on your garage's construction. We recommend having your Glen Rock, NJ dealer assess the job before installation to ensure all necessary modifications are made.
Once installed, is it feasible to paint my new garage door?
When you choose Ronnie & Sons Garages for your steel door needs, you're selecting a brand that is committed to quality and performance. Our doors come with a pre-painted baked-on coating that can be repainted with a wide variety of commercially available latex exterior paints. Make sure to follow the paint manufacturer's recommendations and stay away from oil-based paints to get the most out of your door's finish.